Our projects include the design, development and production of yokeless axial flux motors and generators. This is new technology which delivers 3 to 4 times more power for the same weight compared with traditional motors. As a fast growing startup team, we are currently working hard to make this new technology an essential part of future electric vehicles (electric cars, electric aircraft,..).
This is a new role in the company so you have the opportunity to have a significant impact on the R&D development process of our motors.
- In collaboration with our prototyping engineers, you prepare a test plan for the motor prototypes.
- You define and execute test procedures to verify prototype motors. For this, you work together with our R&D team members and our customers.
- You develop and improve test setups and test benches.
- Part of the job is programming and parametrisation of inverters that control the motors.
- You process the acquired testing data and discuss the reports with the R&D team for further design improvements.
Who are we looking for?
- You have a Bachelor or Master Degree in Electromechanical engineering or equivalent by experience.
- You have affinity with testing and validation powertrain systems. This can be former professional experience, Formula student, Solar team or Hyperloop team, etc.
- Ideally experience with inverters.
- You are a fast learner and you can work meticulously.
- You are fluent in English (verbal and written).
- You are not afraid of a startup environment where hands-on activities are crucial.
- You can work autonomously and take initiative.
- You can work at our office in Belgium (Gent area) but you are also open for travel (tests at customer sites).
- Former professional experience as a test or validation engineer is a plus.
What can we offer you?
- A full-time position in an inspiring high-tech environment.
- Magnax is a fast growing company. This means that you'll have a lot of impact on the future of the company and your own career.
- You'll have flexibility in terms of working hours.
- An attractive salary package with extralegal benefits.
Magnax is a Belgian startup team combining unique practical engineering and commercial start-up experience with world-class electric machine research. In this innovative and high-tech environment you will develop knowledge and competencies and work with the newest technologies.
We are building next-generation electric motors based on axial flux technology. We have developed a unique, proprietary variant of yokeless axial flux machines, which provide a step change in efficiency, size, reliability, manufacturing resource requirement, and cost-effectiveness. The new technology is used for ultra-light electric motors.
Why you'll love Magnax
As you work with team members, your role will evolve over time. In our environment, you'll learn fast.
As part of this challenge, you will enjoy an instructive position in an international context, and develop with the next assignments.