Sales and Marketing Director
Magnax, founded in Belgium in 2015, is an internationally active technology start-up. We design, develop and manufacture a new generation of electric motor technology for electric vehicles. Our axial flux motor technology significantly reduces overall vehicle weight and increases the range of the vehicle. For the ground eMobility markets (automotive, off-highway and commercial vehicles), we are looking for a Sales & Marketing Director, to be based in Belgium.
Build the sales and marketing team to support the product launch plan and future sales & marketing initiatives.
Provide leadership and management to coordinate commercial efforts:
- Develop and implement the sales- and marketing strategy.
- Set clear strategic sales- and marketing objectives and key results.
- Develop and manage the sales- and marketing processes.
- Manage the sales and marketing budget.
- Develop the sales pipeline reporting system.
Engage in direct sales efforts and pipeline management:
- You qualify potential business opportunities and balance these with internal R&D priorities and in close collaboration with the VP of New Business Development.
- Manage the pricing strategy and the RFI/RFQ quoting process.
- You drive the communication with the future customers, coordinate their needs and arrange the necessary internal and external debriefs. In this process you coordinate with our technical staff to meet customer needs.
- Develop sales channels, manage the commercial activities with our manufacturing partner and drive international sales efforts for the ground e-Mobility product portfolio.
Who are we looking for?
- Master’s degree in technical direction with several years of sales and marketing experience.
- Proven managerial experience >5 year in an international and technical B2B environment.
- Preferably experience with the automotive industry (OEM, Tier2 or Tier1).
- High interest in the fast-changing EV market, trends and opportunities.
- You are a team player and comfortable around all levels in an organization.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Strong analytical, negotiation, persuasion and closing skills.
- Proficient in MS Office & CRM software.
- You report directly to the CEO.
Magnax is a Belgian startup team combining unique practical engineering and commercial start-up experience with world-class electric machine research. In this innovative and high-tech environment you will develop knowledge and competencies and work with the newest technologies.
We are building next-generation electric motors based on axial flux technology. We have developed a unique, proprietary variant of yokeless axial flux machines, which provide a step change in efficiency, size, reliability, manufacturing resource requirement, and cost-effectiveness. The new technology is used for ultra-light electric motors.
Why you'll love Magnax
As you work with team members, your role will evolve over time. In our environment, you'll learn fast.
As part of this challenge, you will enjoy an instructive position in an international context, and develop with the next assignments.