Magnax, founded in 2015 after many years of technology research, is a technology scale-up, based in Belgium but internationally active. Last year we grew from 7 to 22 experts and plan to keep growing at the same pace. We breathe high-tech. We design, develop and manufacture a new generation of electric motor technology for electric vehicles. Our axial flux motor technology significantly reduces overall vehicle weight and increases the range of the vehicle. We work with today’s most innovative electric vehicle developers in domains such as electric cars and passenger drones. As a Sales Engineer, you are in the frontline for our new potential projects.
This is what you'll do:
This position requires a combined level of technical knowledge, analytical thinking and good communication skills.
• Technical sales support throughout the (pre-) sales life cycle. This means that you assist customers with proper motor selection for their project and are knowledgeable about related technologies (drives, battery, integration with gearboxes, etc)
• Prepare and deliver technical presentations explaining existing products and services to prospective customers.
• In collaboration with R&D, you work on the customer specs (RFI's and RFQ's) and convert these into a winning proposal.
• You coordinate and collect the required documents for collaboration, like NDA.
• You assist the Sales Director in creating / updating product documentation and sales support tools
• When the project is won, there is a hand-over to the Project Manager.
• At a later stage, you own and maintain the costing & project estimation tools to further improve the proposal development process.
Who are we looking for?
• You have at least 3 years experience in a sales engineering environment for hardware projects, ideally with respect to powertrains.
• Self-educator who stays appraised of new developments in the field.
• We are looking for an engineer with sales acumen, not a sales person.
• Strong at communication (verbal and written), time management and coordination.
• A critical thinker who uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
• Very fluent in English and preferably a secondary international language, verbal and written.
• Strong technical background (electrical or mechanical engineering).
• Good technical writing skills.
• You are not afraid of a startup environment where a mix of engineering- and hands-on activities are crucial.
What can we offer?
This is your chance to join a team of seasoned experts and young, ambitious professionals that believe in the power of continuous learning and self-development. Magnax is a fast-growing company. This means that you will have a lot of impact on the future of the company and your own career.
At Magnax, you can expect:
• A full-time position in an inspiring high-tech environment.
• A sneak preview to what the future brings, from electric cars to passenger drones.
• An attractive salary package with extralegal benefits.
Magnax is a Belgian startup team combining unique practical engineering and commercial start-up experience with world-class electric machine research. In this innovative and high-tech environment you will develop knowledge and competencies and work with the newest technologies.
We are building next-generation electric motors based on axial flux technology. We have developed a unique, proprietary variant of yokeless axial flux machines, which provide a step change in efficiency, size, reliability, manufacturing resource requirement, and cost-effectiveness. The new technology is used for ultra-light electric motors.
Why you'll love Magnax
As you work with team members, your role will evolve over time. In our environment, you'll learn fast.
As part of this challenge, you will enjoy an instructive position in an international context, and develop with the next assignments.