Our projects include the design and development of yokeless axial flux motors and generators. Our next-generation machines are an essential part of the drivetrain for future electric vehicles and wind turbines. With focus in wind turbine generator development, we'd like to support our specialist R&D team with an experienced Sr. mechanical engineer.
• Lead mechanical design activities and assist in cross discipline coordination.
• Manage the discipline/project resources including deliverables production.
• Provide technical guidance and mentoring to junior team members.
• Join and/or lead project and design team meetings.
• Assist in tender activities (customer specs, 3D CAD,..).
• Recommending modifications following prototype test results.
• Discussing and solving complex problems with manufacturing, sub-contractors, suppliers and customers.
• Considering the implications of issues such as cost, safety and time constraints.
• Develop and nurture client relationships that deliver further opportunities.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for an enthusiastic senior engineer to lead mechanical design of our exciting motor development projects. You will be responsible of working collaboratively in multi-disciplinary R&D teams, taking responsibility for product developments from inception to completion. You will be chartered with solid or extensive experience in the field of Electric Machines or another relevant field. You will be committed to your own professional development and looking for challenging work to develop your engineering skill.
Expected Skills and Capabilities:
• You have a hands-on mentality and you are experienced in building prototypes from the ground up.
• You are not afraid of a startup environment which brings a mix of design- and development work.
• You are qualified in Mechanical Engineering, ideally to Masters level.
• Extensive and proven experience in the field of mechanical design of (electric) machines, gearbox- or powertrain systems.
• Experience with engineering design software packages (Siemens NX, CATIA).
• Excellent planning skills and demonstrated proactive approach to problem-solving.
• You are fluent in English and preferably Dutch.
What can we offer you?
• A full-time position in an inspiring high-tech environment.
• Magnax is a fast growing company. This means that you'll have a lot of impact on the future of the company and your own career.
• You'll have flexibility in terms of working hours.
• An attractive salary package with extralegal benefits.
Magnax is a Belgian startup team combining unique practical engineering and commercial start-up experience with world-class electric machine research. In this innovative and high-tech environment you will develop knowledge and competencies and work with the newest technologies.
We are building next-generation electric motors based on axial flux technology. We have developed a unique, proprietary variant of yokeless axial flux machines, which provide a step change in efficiency, size, reliability, manufacturing resource requirement, and cost-effectiveness. The new technology is used for ultra-light electric motors.
Why you'll love Magnax
As you work with team members, your role will evolve over time. In our environment, you'll learn fast.
As part of this challenge, you will enjoy an instructive position in an international context, and develop with the next assignments.