Our projects include the design and development of motors and generators for e-mobility applications such as electric cars and aircraft. Our next-generation axial flux machines are smaller, lighter and more efficient compared with today's traditional motor/generators. We are looking for an engineer with experience in machine design and simulation. As part of this challenge, you will enjoy an instructive position at the forefront of innovation.
• You are responsible for the future development of axial flux technology for electric vehicle applications.
• You can quickly understand, use and optimize our axial flux design software, and perform finite-element and analytical electromagnetic calculations, to provide the engineering team with design specifications.
• You interpret and analyse customer specifications to create motor specifications and development requirements.
• You provide technical assistance to the engineers and assist prototype build and test activities.
• You have a passion for electric motor design, an M.S./PhD in Electrical Engineering or similar Degree, and experience with analysis software and 3D modeling.
• A few years of experience with electric motor design and CAE software (for instance Ansys Maxwell)
• You are fluent in English (verbal and written).
• You are not afraid of a startup environment where a mix of design- and hands-on activities are crucial.
• You can work autonomously and take initiative.
• Preferably, you can work at our office in Belgium.
• A full-time position in an inspiring high-tech environment.
• Magnax is a fast growing company. This means that you'll have a lot of impact on the future of the company and your own career.
• You'll collaborate directly with the inventor of the machines and our research partners. This will be a huge opportunity in terms of learning experience.
• You'll have flexibility in terms of working hours and holidays.
• An attractive salary package with extralegal benefits.
Send your CV + motivation to J O B S ( A T) M A G N A X . C O M
This vacancy is addressed to potential candidates for the described position, and is by no means an invitation to recruitment agencies or other similar service providers. If you are a search- and selection agency, interim office or other third party service provider, and nevertheless decide to introduce a candidate or profile to us, you agree with the Magnax terms and conditions set forth hereinafter, and you explicitly agree without any reservation whatsoever that your terms and conditions will not govern our relationship. If you disagree, please do not send us any profiles or candidates. Introducing a candidate will be deemed acceptance of our terms and conditions.
Magnax terms and conditions for search and selection
If within a period of twelve months after a candidate has been introduced, this candidate is being hired by Magnax, but only insofar this candidate has not before applied with or been solicited by Magnax, or been introduced by another third party, Magnax will pay the following fixed fee for full and final settlement: At the start of the employment or the providing of services by the introduced candidate, 2.500 euro may be invoiced. After six months of employment or services by the introduced candidate, a second instalment of 2.500 euro may be invoiced. The invoices are payable 30 days after the invoice date. Amounts are excluding VAT.
Magnax is a Belgian startup team combining unique practical engineering and commercial start-up experience with world-class electric machine research. In this innovative and high-tech environment you will develop knowledge and competencies and work with the newest technologies.
We are building next-generation electric motors based on axial flux technology. We have developed a unique, proprietary variant of yokeless axial flux machines, which provide a step change in efficiency, size, reliability, manufacturing resource requirement, and cost-effectiveness. The new technology is used for ultra-light electric motors.
Why you'll love Magnax
As you work with team members, your role will evolve over time. In our environment, you'll learn fast.
As part of this challenge, you will enjoy an instructive position in an international context, and develop with the next assignments.