Magnax, founded in 2015 after many years of technology research, is a technology scale-up, based in Belgium but internationally active. Last year we grew from 7 to 22 experts and plan to keep growing at the same pace. We breathe high-tech. We design, develop and manufacture a new generation of electric motor technology for electric vehicles. Our axial flux motor technology significantly reduces overall vehicle weight and increases the range of the vehicle. We work with today’s most innovative electric vehicle developers in domains such as electric cars and passenger drones.
In this role, you are responsible for executing, implementing and improving all quality processes and procedures in an automotive manufacturing environment.
This is what you'll do:
• Co-develop and execute all quality control systems, from incoming to outgoing, for the production of axial flux motors. Ensure incoming quality (IQC, CMM).
• Support the corrective action process. This includes preparation and submission of customer required documentation and construction of 8D problem solving responses.
• Participate and assure maintenance of Process Flows (PF) and Risk Analyses (FMEA) for assigned programs.
• Facilitate and assure maintenance of Process Control Plans for assigned programs. And ensure compliance to the Process Control Plan requirements.
• Ensure that Customer, internal, and Supplier quality corrective actions (8D) meet timing, quality and format requirements.
• Ensure compliance to all applicable quality Customer-specific systems and requirements.
• Support sample part builds to ensure compliance to dimensional and functional requirements.
• Understand and execute the PPAP process.
• Support internal and third party audits, and ensure timely closure of any required corrective actions.
Who are we looking for?
• A Bs or Ms in Quality, Engineering Science, or related field.
• A minimum of 3-4 years of related work experience.
• Experience in APQP including strong proficiency with CP, FMEA, PPAP, etc.
• Experience in working directly with customer and suppliers, particularly automotive related.
• Experience with Quality Management Systems (ISO and IATF).
• Knowledge of quality statistical concepts (MSA, SPC). Six Sigma certification or equivalent experience is highly desirable.
• Excellent problem solving skills, including experience preparing problem solving documents such as 8D.
• Good mechanical/technical skills and ability to read engineering drawings are desirable. GD&T proficiency is highly desirable.
• Knowledge and experience in Lean Manufacturing methods is highly desirable.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including ability to work in a self-directed environment.
What can we offer?
This is your chance to join a team of seasoned experts and young, ambitious professionals that believe in the power of continuous learning and self-development. Magnax is a fast-growing company. This means that you will have a lot of impact on the future of the company and your own career.
At Magnax, you can expect:
• A full-time position in an inspiring high-tech environment.
• A sneak preview to what the future brings, from electric cars to passenger drones.
• An attractive salary package with extralegal benefits.
Magnax is a Belgian startup team combining unique practical engineering and commercial start-up experience with world-class electric machine research. In this innovative and high-tech environment you will develop knowledge and competencies and work with the newest technologies.
We are building next-generation electric motors based on axial flux technology. We have developed a unique, proprietary variant of yokeless axial flux machines, which provide a step change in efficiency, size, reliability, manufacturing resource requirement, and cost-effectiveness. The new technology is used for ultra-light electric motors.
Why you'll love Magnax
As you work with team members, your role will evolve over time. In our environment, you'll learn fast.
As part of this challenge, you will enjoy an instructive position in an international context, and develop with the next assignments.