Magnax, founded in 2015 after many years of technology research, is a technology scale-up, based in Belgium but internationally active. Last year we grew from 7 to 22 experts and plan to keep growing at the same pace. We breathe high-tech. We design, develop and manufacture a new generation of electric motor technology for electric vehicles. Our axial flux motor technology significantly reduces overall vehicle weight and increases the range of the vehicle. We work with today’s most innovative electric vehicle developers in domains such as electric cars and passenger drones. As a Project Manager, you play a central role in the outcome of challenging R&D projects and support the future growth of the company.
This is what you'll do:
As Project Manager, you collaborate with internal and external stakeholders:
• Establish scope and detailed requirements for the project, which includes facilitating requirements gathering sessions with key stakeholders. This includes coordination with subject matter experts, internally and externally.
• Manage the Project plan and Project Portfolio: On scope, on time and on budget
• Communicate effectively on status, issues, risks and project goals and objectives
• Follow-up of timely project schedules and status reports
• Provide technical and commercial support throughout the project life cycle, from quotation through final customer acceptance and receipt of payment
• Monitor risks and implement risk mitigation strategies to achieve milestones
• Forecasting of spending and resource requirements based on project milestones to enable monthly budget reviews
Who are we looking for?
• You are strong at coordination, time management and communication, verbal and written
• A proactive project professional, able to deal with ambiguity and open for change when the situation requires it.
• A critical mind able to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, help drive conclusions or approaches to problems.
• You have a technical background with relevant industrial experience (e.g. automotive, industrial, technical equipment, ...)
• Minimum 3 years of experience with project management, preferably in an international manufacturing environment.
• Good understanding of how custom development projects are coordinated and gradually move from R&D development into series production.
• You are self-driven and can work autonomously
• You are not afraid of a start-up environment with a high content of engineered products.
• You are very fluent in English, verbal and written
What can we offer?
This is your chance to join a team of seasoned experts and young, ambitious professionals that believe in the power of continuous learning and self-development. Magnax is a fast-growing company. This means that you will have a lot of impact on the future of the company and your own career.
At Magnax, you can expect:
• A full-time position in an inspiring high-tech environment.
• A sneak preview to what the future brings, from electric cars to passenger drones.
• An attractive salary package with extralegal benefits such as a company car (or travel budget) and stock options.
Magnax is a Belgian startup team combining unique practical engineering and commercial start-up experience with world-class electric machine research. In this innovative and high-tech environment you will develop knowledge and competencies and work with the newest technologies.
We are building next-generation electric motors based on axial flux technology. We have developed a unique, proprietary variant of yokeless axial flux machines, which provide a step change in efficiency, size, reliability, manufacturing resource requirement, and cost-effectiveness. The new technology is used for ultra-light electric motors.
Why you'll love Magnax
As you work with team members, your role will evolve over time. In our environment, you'll learn fast.
As part of this challenge, you will enjoy an instructive position in an international context, and develop with the next assignments.