Magnax, founded in 2015 after many years of technology research, is a technology scale-up, based in Belgium but internationally active. Last year we grew from 7 to 22 experts and plan to keep growing at the same pace. We breathe high-tech. We design, develop and manufacture a new generation of electric motor technology for electric vehicles. Our axial flux motor technology significantly reduces overall vehicle weight and increases the range of the vehicle. We work with today’s most innovative electric vehicle developers in domains such as electric cars and passenger drones.
This is what you'll do:
We are looking for an engineer with experience in machine design and FEA simulations.
As Motor Design Engineer, you are involved in the early stage of the motor design.
Together with your colleagues from Electromagnetic Design & Simulation, you develop the motor until it's ready for prototyping:
• You are responsible for the future development of axial flux technology for ground mobility applications
• You can quickly understand, use and optimise our axial flux design rules to improve existing and develop new design.
• You can leverage finite element analysis to perform mechanical, thermal and vibration calculations to ensure optimised geometries and achieve durable performance.
• You provide technical assistance to the Manufacturing and Testing Engineers throughout the motor development and prototype execution.
Who are we looking for?
• You have a passion for electric motor design, an MSc./PhD in Mechanical Engineering or similar degree is preferred.
• Experience with simulation and analysis methods (FEA, CFD and statistical tolerance analysis) and interested in learning also about the wonderful world of electromagnetics.
• Solid understanding of mechanical engineering fundamentals: properties of materials, solid mechanics and thermodynamics.
• You are fluent in English (verbal and written)
• You are not afraid of a start-up environment where a mix of design and hands-on activities are crucial
• You can work autonomously and take initiative
• You can work at our office in Belgium (Kortrijk)
What can we offer?
This is your chance to join a team of seasoned experts and young, ambitious professionals that believe in the power of continuous learning and self-development. Magnax is a fast-growing company. This means that you will have a lot of impact on the future of the company and your own career.
At Magnax, you can expect:
• A full-time position in an inspiring high-tech environment.
• A sneak preview to what the future brings, from electric cars to passenger drones.
• An attractive salary package with extralegal benefits.
Are you developing a new product or interested in a collaboration?
Simply fill out the form below -we’ll get in touch shortly.
Magnax is a Belgian startup team combining unique practical engineering and commercial start-up experience with world-class electric machine research. In this innovative and high-tech environment you will develop knowledge and competencies and work with the newest technologies.
We are building next-generation electric motors based on axial flux technology. We have developed a unique, proprietary variant of yokeless axial flux machines, which provide a step change in efficiency, size, reliability, manufacturing resource requirement, and cost-effectiveness. The new technology is used for ultra-light electric motors.
Why you'll love Magnax
As you work with team members, your role will evolve over time. In our environment, you'll learn fast.
As part of this challenge, you will enjoy an instructive position in an international context, and develop with the next assignments.