Magnax, founded in 2015 after many years of technology research, is a technology scale-up, based in Belgium but internationally active. Last year we grew from 7 to 22 experts and plan to keep growing at the same pace. We breathe high-tech. We design, develop and manufacture a new generation of electric motor technology for electric vehicles. Our axial flux motor technology significantly reduces overall vehicle weight and increases the range of the vehicle. We work with today’s most innovative electric vehicle developers in domains such as electric cars and passenger drones. As a Materials Engineer, you play a central role in the outcome of challenging R&D projects and support the further growth of the company
This is what you'll do:
As a Materials Engineer, you collaborate very closely with R&D and Operations Engineers, external partners as well as suppliers. We are looking for a hands-on engineer with experience in plastics, metals and adhesives.
• Excellent knowledge of polymers, metals and adhesive properties, performance as well as process technologies.
• Advise R&D and Purchasing on most suitable material selections and combinations to meet product/customer specific requirements.
• Work closely with suppliers and manufacturing partners to achieve the most efficient and cost-effective way of producing the highest quality product possible
• Advance product performance by introducing new materials and assembly processes
• Support and participate in continuous improvement activities and prototyping
• Conducting material tests, analyzing test data and interpret performance/results
• Responsible for technical reporting/documentation of materials and durability testing.
Who are we looking for?
• MSc in Polymer Science/Mechanical Engineering
• Minimum 5 years of experience with relevant experience in metal and plastics processing and/or assembly manufacturing operations
• Strong analytical skills and data driven problem-solving ability
• Team player as well as being able to take individual responsibility and make decisions
• Able to prioritise and plan effectively
What can we offer?
This is your chance to join a team of seasoned experts and young, ambitious professionals that believe in the power of continuous learning and self-development. Magnax is a fast-growing company. This means that you will have a lot of impact on the future of the company and your own career.
At Magnax, you can expect:
• A full-time position in an inspiring high-tech environment.
• A sneak preview to what the future brings, from electric cars to passenger drones.
• An attractive salary package with extralegal benefits.
Magnax is a Belgian startup team combining unique practical engineering and commercial start-up experience with world-class electric machine research. In this innovative and high-tech environment you will develop knowledge and competencies and work with the newest technologies.
We are building next-generation electric motors based on axial flux technology. We have developed a unique, proprietary variant of yokeless axial flux machines, which provide a step change in efficiency, size, reliability, manufacturing resource requirement, and cost-effectiveness. The new technology is used for ultra-light electric motors.
Why you'll love Magnax
As you work with team members, your role will evolve over time. In our environment, you'll learn fast.
As part of this challenge, you will enjoy an instructive position in an international context, and develop with the next assignments.