Magnax, founded in 2015 after many years of technology research, is a technology scale-up, based in Belgium but internationally active. Last year we grew from 7 to 22 experts and plan to keep growing at the same pace. We breathe high-tech. We design, develop and manufacture a new generation of electric motor technology for electric vehicles. Our axial flux motor technology significantly reduces overall vehicle weight and increases the range of the vehicle. We work with today’s most innovative electric vehicle developers in domains such as electric cars and passenger drones.
This is what you'll do:
As our HR Business Partner, you will focus on business needs, process and exceptional employee experience. As the first dedicated HR role in the company, you make sure to build a future proof HR structure which supports the overall strategy and fast-paced growth of the organization. You report to the COO.
• You assess and anticipate our HR related business needs and plan the required actions around it.
• You are responsible for recruitment A-Z. You coordinate the recruiting process, manage the database of potential candidates, organize and ensure onboarding, training programs and professional development of colleagues.
• You have an eye for employer branding and create necessary collateral, supported by the marketeer (or HR agencies) to attract the right talent.
• You are responsible for HR process development and optimization (talent acquisition process, onboarding process, performance management, interview process, succession planning, ...)
• You create win-wins in terms of employee management and take responsibility over performance management systems.
• You implement new HR tools.
• You act as a confidential advisor for our employees and partner/consultant to the management.
• You are responsible for the payroll administration. You maintain the relationship with the external service providers, provide information and answer employee questions about payroll related matters, maintain employee records, provide input and administrative assistance to the accounting department, manage electronic timekeeping systems.
Who are we looking for?
• You have at least a bachelor's degree.
• You have at least 3 to 5 years of HR experience, preferably in a fast-growing environment (like a startup or a scale-up).
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, combined with a good portion of emotional intelligence.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Dutch and English.
• Excellent time management skills and attention to detail.
• You are not afraid of taking initiative in a startup environment.
• You can work at our office in Belgium (Kortrijk).
What can we offer?
This is your chance to join a team of seasoned experts and young, ambitious professionals that believe in the power of continuous learning and self-development. Magnax is a fast-growing company. This means that you will have a lot of impact on the future of the company and your own career.
At Magnax, you can expect:
• A sneak preview to what the future brings, from electric cars to passenger drones.
• An attractive salary package with extralegal benefits.
Magnax is a Belgian startup team combining unique practical engineering and commercial start-up experience with world-class electric machine research. In this innovative and high-tech environment you will develop knowledge and competencies and work with the newest technologies.
We are building next-generation electric motors based on axial flux technology. We have developed a unique, proprietary variant of yokeless axial flux machines, which provide a step change in efficiency, size, reliability, manufacturing resource requirement, and cost-effectiveness. The new technology is used for ultra-light electric motors.
Why you'll love Magnax
As you work with team members, your role will evolve over time. In our environment, you'll learn fast.
As part of this challenge, you will enjoy an instructive position in an international context, and develop with the next assignments.